Contracts Manager - Fit Out and Main Contracting
Entered: 21 Nov 2018
Contracts Manager required for medium sized general contractor. Great opportunity to build on previous experience. Permanent full-time position in Dublin and Leinster.
Projects range in value from €500k to €50m, a mix of both public and private, from new build developments, renovation including protected structures and commercial and retail fit-outs. Their work covers an array of sectors such as: Education, Medical (Primary Care Centres, Nursing Homes, HSE), Commercial and retail fit-outs (banks and multinational corporates), Hotel & Leisure, Social infrastructure and residential housing developments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of several year's site/project management experience, some of which shall be at Contracts Manager level. Proven track record, recent and relevant experience in a similar role with a Main Contractor is essential.
- Full responsibility for the successful delivery of projects from a Health & safety / Timescale / Quality aspect along with a strong commercial perspective, typically managing 3-4 projects concurrently.
- A strong motivational attitude combined with keen managerial skills coupled with a problem-solving ethos are essential requirements. Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing working environment are essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a long-term career with a medium size building contractor.
Reporting to the Contracts Director, as Contracts Manager you be responsible for the coordination of all project disciplines across multiple sites, managing the design and ultimately delivering high-quality projects on programme in line with the following : -
- Manage site staff and all sub-contractors.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with site managers, Site Engineers and services Co-ordinator to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information, ensure compliance with drawings, specification, building regulations and good building practice.
- Monitor construction, regarding the quality of workmanship and materials.
- Establish project resource requirements and lead \ motivate the project team.
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality completion.
- Have a commercially minded approach to project delivery.
- Work closely with the Directors and Site Managers to support and recommend strategies, to identify any potential risks or issues and to find an appropriate resolution.
- Check and understand all drawings and specification. Ensure that any errors/omissions are formally communicated to the design team in a timely manner.
- Experience with relevant IT systems.
- Ensure compliance with local statutory and regulatory obligations incl. BCAR requirements / ensure compliance of same.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required to communicate with Design team & clients.
- Responsible for Health and Safety.
- Promotion of Company to Client / Design teams regarding future works.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0044208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE