Senior Contracts Manager - Structural Steel
Entered: 28 Feb 2020
We are presently seeking to recruit a Senior Contracts Manager with experience in the areas of structural steel fabrication / pipe fabrication / steel tank construction / specialist contracting within the civil, building & process industries. The role is based in Leinster and reports to the Operations Director.
As a Senior Contracts Manager you will lead and supervise a number of specialist business units and will assume full life cycle responsibility for a portfolio of projects being undertaken by those units in accordance with agreed budgetary, programme and quality requirements. This will include leading identification of opportunities, procurement/tendering, production, management, safety, timely delivery and overall profitability. This is a senior role and the package on offer will be very much reflective of that. You will have extensive technical and management experience in specialist contracting within the civil engineering, building, process industries ideally with exposure to steel related construction / fabrication either in Ireland in the UK and possess an exemplary track record of career progression.
- Develop a Business Plan for the areas under your remit
- Identify growth opportunities and incorporate those into the Business Plan
- Identify market opportunities and manage the business development function for the business.
- Input into the development of facilities to underpin the Plan
- Lead the development and manage a substantive structural steel fabrication facility / business unit
- Lead and develop a pipework fabrication facility / business unit
- Develop an existing pipe/weld testing capability
- Procure and manage a portfolio of specialist contracts to include structural steel subcontracts, pipework supply/install contracts, specialist civils projects with substantial structural steel elements, specialist steel tank refurb / new builds
Necessary skills and requirements:
- 3rd level Qualification in structural/civil/mechanical engineering or quantity surveying with knowledge of the steel industry
- An additional business qualification would be a decided advantage
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a senior management role working for a recognised specialist company operating within the construction industry within Ireland, UK or Mainland Europe
- A strong track record in a commercial/contracting environment
- Experience in production, operations and the design build process
- Excellent interpersonal skills with excellent verbal & written communication abilities
- Strong negotiation and commercial skills
- Ability to build a high performance team.
- Good IT skills
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE