Electrical Project Engineer
Entered: 14 Apr 2021
Suir Engineering has over 35 years of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (M,E&I) expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than1000 people and in the region of €160 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, London & Stockholm.
Suir Engineering operates in the following sectors: data centres, energy & utilities, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and renewable energy. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful M,E&I projects in Europe.
Overall Role Objective
The Electrical engineer is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of electrical control systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. The Electrical Engineer will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments.
- Carry out document control, recording and transmitting information.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
- Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site electrical engineering issues to include: the management, the planning, the testing and commissioning and the handover of all project systems.
- Prepare programs using MS project.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyse designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes.
Qualifications / Skills
- An honours degree in electrical engineering.
- 2+ years experience within the Irish market
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Renewable/Utility sector would be an advantage
- Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Competitive salary
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Healthcare Package
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking.