Senior HV/MV Engineer
Entered: 15 Apr 2021
Suir Engineering has over 35 years of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (M,E&I) expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than1000 people and in the region of €160 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, London & Stockholm.
Suir Engineering operates in the following sectors: data centres, energy & utilities, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and renewable energy. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful M,E&I projects in Europe.
Overall Role Objective
The Senior HV/MV Electrical Engineer will support the Estimating department in tendering jobs by scoping the projects from an engineering point of view. The sucessful candidate will be required to work from the Waterford Office 2 days per week the other days remote working will be an option.
- Design of HV & MV protection and control systems
- Development and review of schematic drawings and single line diagrams
- Developing HV/MV system studies including protection coordination, arc flash, voltage regulation, load flow and fault level reports
- Direct contact with client as Company representative
- Complying with specific project safety requirements
- Detailed design covering all aspects of high and medium voltage equipment
- Detailed design of secondary control and protection systems
- Specification, selection and procurement of the range of equipment
- Preparation and interpretation of technical specifications and enquiry documentation
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments
- Carry out document control, recording and transmitting information
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
- Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site electrical engineering issues to include: the management and the planning
- Prepare programs using MS project
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyse designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
- A Level 8 degree in electrical engineering or Relevant experience working within the MV/HV environment.
- 5+ years medium voltage and high voltage experience within the Irish market
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Competitive salary
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Healthcare Package
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking.