Estimator – Co. Cork
Entered: 09 Aug 2022
The role will include management of relationships with designers, project managers and with client teams and suppliers.
- Preparation of estimates
- Analysis of engineering drawings
- Material take-offs
- Preparation of sub-contractor and supplier enquiries and contract documents
- Liaison with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaison with sub-consultant and in-house engineering design teams
- Assessment of different options and solutions
- Attending pre and post tender meetings/presentations.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management.
- Good knowledge of general construction contracts, relevant legislation and standards
- 5-6 years estimating experience in infrastructure with a recognised Main Contractor
- The ability to work independently and to manage inputs from a range of specialist suppliers and in-house staff
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Be results oriented
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Word, and ideally some experience of Microsoft Project and an estimating software system.