Entered: 26 Feb 2020
Required for expanding main contractor working on projects nationwide.
The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative, but proactively within the commercial team to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions.
The candidate must have a minimum of 3 years' experience tendering projects from €1m up to €50m.
The candidate is required to work within a highly motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Traditional bids covering a diverse range of projects to include:- Fitouts / Hotels / Schools / Healthcare / Housing / Pharma and Civils projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to review tender documentation (Drawings, Specifications, BOQ’s, Schedules, contracts etc) and manage tender bid from receipt of tender enquiry to submission of final tender bid.
- Issue material and trade enquiries to supply chain and obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers;
- Analyse, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages and checking inclusions and exclusions.
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects and advise of any concerns or value engineering details as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
- Assist in compiling submissions of inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and program of works.
- Liaising and reporting to senior management in relation to on-going project submissions.
- Necessary Requirements:
- Good knowledge of subcontractors, construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
- Proven experience in an estimating capacity
- Third level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, and ideally some experience of estimating software.
To register your interest, please send CV to email@example.com or call 01-632-1200