Estimator/QS with rail experience
Entered: 26 Feb 2020
Role: Senior Estimator (civils & rail experience)
Salary: €55k to €72k depending on experience
ICDS Recruitment have a vacancy for a Senior Estimator (rail) for our client based in Dublin. You will be a key member of the Commercial Team reporting directly to the Projects Commercial Manager, and you will take a lead role in the production of all capital and life-cycle cost estimates within the organisation.
The estimating requirements will encompass both Capital and Life-Cycle estimates across the full spectrum of civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering and building works common to light railway projects. Specific estimating expertise in the areas of Property Valuation and Quantitative Cost Risk Analysis will be provided from supporting functions.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties:
- Preparation of Capital and Life-Cycle Cost estimates and Basis of Estimate reports across a number of rail projects. Values may range from €50k for minor projects up to €100M+ for major infrastructure works.
- Peer review and sign-off of externally produced estimates and Basis of Estimate documents.
- Managing the organisation’s Estimating Database (CATO), this shall incorporate reviewing, updating and incorporating outturn and market cost data from completed contracts and projects.
- Planning & co-ordination of the estimating workload within the organisation.
- Supporting the implementation and improvement of the organisation’s Estimating Procedures.
- Complete other quantity surveying activities as required to support project delivery including contract administration and cost/budget reporting.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to work on some of the most high-profile, major infrastructure projects in Ireland.
- Degree Qualified with a minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience in Estimating and Quantity Surveying preferably within the Civil Engineering sector and specifically within the rail industry
- Major civil engineering infrastructure project experience (i.e. > €30 million) necessary
- In-depth knowledge of Capital and Whole Life Cost estimating best practice
- Practical experience of estimating software such as CATO or equivalent would be desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Computer literate
- Motivated and dynamic individual able to work solely or as part of a team