High Voltage Estimator
Entered: 03 Dec 2021
Suir Engineering Ltd. has over 35 years of electrical, utilities, renewables, instrumentation, and mechanical expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than 1100 people and in the region of €200 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, Sweden and Denmark.
Suir Engineering Ltd. operates in the following sectors: energy & utilities, renewable energy, data centres, pharmaceutical and food and beverage. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful projects in Europe.
Why you should join our team at Suir Engineering
This is an exciting time to be considering a career within Suir Engineering Energies and Utilities Specialist Team. Suir Engineering have gained a strong foothold in Power Generation, Distribution, Transmission and Grid Stability Sectors. Suir engineering currently have a strong pipeline of large scale capital design and build infrastructure projects in Ireland and Mainland Europe.
You will be joining/ supported by an experience/ dynamic specialist team who have a proven track record/ reputation of high standard project delivery within the sector. One of key fundamentals to this success is the teams adoption of a hands on collaborative approach to every stage of each project.
Overall Role Objective
The High Voltage Electrical Estimator is responsible for the preparation, submission and management of HV, Energy and Renewable tenders allocated. The main objective of this role is to achieve accurate net costs in accordance with the client’s specification and our subcontract documents.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Be the technical lead on tendering opportunities for the T&D department
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project
- Work with the tendering, engineering, construction and commercial team in order to prepare tender documents a value proposition to Clients
- Liaise and coordinate with sub-contractors and sub-consultants on technical and commercial issues in preparation of an offering for a Client
- Actively engage with the supply chain in order to establish the most cost effective and innovate solutions in order to offer to the Client, including reviewing offerings from suppliers to ensure technical compliance
- Attend and lead tender handover meetings
- Prepare an outline design based on Employer Requirements, including electrical drawings and single line diagrams
- Co-ordinate the interfaces between electrical and civil engineering in conjunction with the civil engineering team
- Review and understand project design specifications, identifying and quantifying associated project risks
- Manage the interface with the Client during the tender and post-tender stage, including the clarification process
- Compilation and assessment of technical submittals and the tender return
- Work with the Estimator on the commercial proposal associated with the offering
- Ensure the correct application and compliance with relevant business procedures; highlighting any non-compliance observed
- Conduct periodic review of work practices; identifying efficiencies, increasing productivity and reducing risk accordingly
- Electrical Engineering Degree or suitable relevant experience in the industry
- Strong IT skills – Ability to deliver presentations, reports etc.
- Experience at managing a multiple disciplined and number of tenders
- A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency
- Able to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
Benefits of working with Suir Engineering
- Competitive salary
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Healthcare Package
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking.
- Become part of a great Team
- Work on large scale projects