Lead Estimator (High Voltage, Electrical)
Entered: 17 May 2022
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Lead Estimator (High Voltage, Electrical) on behalf of our Client, a leading Engineering company.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working in the HV Industry as Lead Estimator (High Voltage, Electrical) and have a good understanding of the industry. This is a full-time, permanent job based in Limerick or Waterford.
Lead Estimator (High Voltage, Electrical) Duties:
- In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Be the technical lead on tendering opportunities for the T&D department
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project
- Work with the tendering, engineering, construction and commercial team in order to prepare tender documents a value proposition to Clients
- Liaise and coordinate with sub-contractors and sub-consultants on technical and commercial issues in preparation of an offering for a Client
- Actively engage with the supply chain in order to establish the most cost effective and innovate solutions in order to offer to the Client, including reviewing offerings from suppliers to ensure technical compliance
- Attend and lead tender handover meetings
- Prepare an outline design based on Employer Requirements, including electrical drawings and single line diagrams
- Co-ordinate the interfaces between electrical and civil engineering in conjunction with the civil engineering team
- Review and understand project design specifications, identifying and quantifying associated project risks
- Manage the interface with the Client during the tender and post-tender stage, including the clarification process
- Compilation and assessment of technical submittals and the tender return
- Work with the Estimator on the commercial proposal associated with the offering
- Ensure the correct application and compliance with relevant business procedures; highlighting any non-compliance observed
- Conduct periodic review of work practices; identifying efficiencies, increasing productivity and reducing risk accordingly
Lead Estimator (High Voltage, Electrical) Requirements:
- Must have a third level degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working in the HV Industry as Lead Estimator (High Voltage, Electrical)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload according to deadlines together with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to influence colleagues at all levels.
- Enjoy working as part of a high performing team.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.