Foreman (Civils) - South-East Dublin (2211)
Entered: 16 Dec 2018
Our client is a large multi-disciplined construction group with significant operations across Ireland and the United Kingdom. They provide turnkey solutions to the Building and Civil Engineering industries and offer both public and private sector clients a comprehensive range of construction services.
They are currently seeking an experienced General Foreman (Civils) to join their team in South –East Dublin.
- Liaise with the Project/Construction Manager, Sub Agent, Engineers, for the plant and material requirements for the week/day.
- Allocate work, ensuring the right type of labour is available for tasks in hand.
- Complete labour allocation sheets and provide information for Site Diary. (Daily allocations, Works records, Confirmation of Verbal Instructions etc.)
- Ensure plant and equipment is operable and report any break downs for prompt action to avoid delays.
- Arrange for plant off-hire when not needed.
- Regularly inspect all sections of work for safety and economic working.
- Supervise Trades Foremen/Chargehand and provide instructions (hands-on training) to staff under him/her.
- Report any non-conforming work to the Technical Staff for prompt resolution.
- In conjunction with the Site Agent, he/she will ensure COSHH data sheets, for products to be used on site are available and arrange implementation accordingly.
- Act on the surveillance report received from the Safety Consultants, where corrective action is required.
- Ensure materials are delivered to the right location, on time, and inspect or arrange inspection of materials for compliance to specification, drawings or instructions prior to incorporation into the works.
- Be aware of contract programme, work procedures and method statements to ensure compliance.
- Provide input for ‘fine tuning' of procedures, instructions, method statements etc. to reflect current practices and safe working methods.
- Supervise and co-ordinate Sub-Contractors work on site (when work is Sub-Contracted) to suit the current programme, and for workmanship & safety.
- At weekly or other regular site meetings, provide input for planning purposes.
- Ensure that in-process checks such as measurements, tests, inspections, etc, are carried out by the relevant personnel for certification/traceability purposes, by giving adequate notice.
As a General Foreman (Civils) you will have:
- Educated to honours degree level or similar
- Civils experience, ideally 10 years plus and marine works experience would be an advantage
- Proven track record of working to strict timescales
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation is needed
- A solid track record of managerial experience within the construction industry required
Please send your cv to Aoife at email@example.com or call 01-456 9899 for a confidential conversation.