Entered: 19 Jan 2022
McGinty & O’Shea Ltd, are a leading building and civil engineering contractor with an enviable track record of having successfully delivered a wide variety of high-profile, multimillion-euro projects in the Cork and Munster region over many years. www.mcgintyoshea.ie
Such projects are delivered to highest standards in accordance with our ISO accredited management system and include: major streetscape and urban renewal projects; road construction including quality bus corridors, green routes, cycleways, utilities, and associated works; water, sewerage, drainage, and flood relief schemes; site infrastructure and development works; bridge repair and replacement projects; marine works, residential developments, contractor design and build contracts; value engineering, and renewable energy projects.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We have an immediate vacancy for a Civils Foreman to join our growing team. The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Trade or construction related qualification preferred.
- 10 years + relevant experience as a civils foreman for a main contractor on large scale projects.
- To take direction form the project/contracts manager and to plan, schedule and manage the works, and resources required, in an organised and efficient manner.
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety requirements, and experience in ensuring such standards are implemented on site.
- Experience in the coordination of temporary works and traffic management would be an advantage.
- Represent the company in a professional manner whilst consulting and liaising with 3rd parties, including the Client, specialists, regulatory bodies, utility companies and the general public etc.
- Proven ability to lead and direct on-site activities; to manage, motivate and get along with labour crews and subcontractors to ensure the safe and successful delivery of the works.
- Maintain daily allocation sheets/diary to record the levels of manpower and plant, their allocated tasks, progress, and any issues encountered.
- Be commercially aware.
- Hold CSCS cards for SLG at roadworks, location of underground services and confined spaces.
- Ambition, self-motivation, and initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full clean Irish/EU driving licence.
Salary and Benefits
An excellent remuneration package, commensurate with experience, is available to the successful candidate. In addition, as a reputable and long-standing main contractor, we are committed to providing on-going professional development and excellent career progression opportunities to the successful candidate.