Entered: 03 Dec 2021
Suir Engineering has over 35 years of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (M,E&I) expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than 1000 people and in the region of €180 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, London & Stockholm.
Suir Engineering operates in the following sectors: data centres, energy & utilities, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and renewable energy. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful M,E&I projects in Europe.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for managing teams onsite, integrating with other Suir site supervision. Must be able to work/collaborate well within a team environment.
- Assume a leadership role on site and maintain standards of safety and comply with company Health, Safety and Environmental Management System requirements.
- Ensure any site amenities required are provided.
- Issue all Project documents, drawings, catalogues and handbooks to relevant personnel.
- Ensure the standard specifications for all jobs adhere to the plan.
- Follow and maintain Company standards in accordance with the Company Quality System.
- Attend Toolbox Talks and Weekly Progress Meetings.
- Assist Supervision in the development of the Project Programme.
- Monitor, measure and record productivity efficiency on a daily basis.
- Assign work to the Charge-Hands in accordance with the project plan.
- Ensure daily allocation sheets are completed and submitted.
- Complete and submit weekly progress reports.
- Liaise with the Planning Department on hours spent per activity.
- Order and maintain stock/material in line with the company Materials Group Report.
- Manage the return of tools while ensuring they are maintained in good order.
- Ensure that work standards and site rules are adhered to at all times.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses immediately.
- Maintain the correct manning levels within your team.
- Keep records of all absence and lateness on site.
- Identify delays via the relevant Progress Change Notice.
- Identify improvements.
- Record and report all extra work via the appropriate method (day-work sheet, SL’s emails, etc).
- Obtain client approval for all additional work prior to executing.
- Liaise with the Client Representative and represent the company standards/ethos at all times.
- Monitor your team’s compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety & Environment procedures.
- Ensure any team disciplinary issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the HR department on any team-based personnel issues.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
QUALIFACTIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience working within a contracting environment.
- Must hold a valid Trade Certificate.
- Safe Pass.
- Full clean driving license.
- Strong safety focus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven capability in decision making.
- Flexible, committed and work well under pressure.
- PC Skills – MS Word, Excel and Outlook.