Entered: 27 Oct 2020
Our client a large civils company are currently looking for an experienced Structures Foreman (civils). They are known for their successful delivery of infrastructure projects across Ireland. The position will be based on a project in Cork looking after 3 no. structures.
Civil Structures Foreman Duties include:
- The Structures Foreman will be responsible for 3 no. bridges. He/she will be aware of contract programme, work procedures and method statements to ensure compliance.
- Complete all necessary documentation and paperwork as required daily, including but not limited to Time sheets, , daily journal/diary, weekly safety report, receiving reports, change/time off, etc.
- Liaise with the Project/Construction Manager, Sub Agent, Engineers, for the plant and material requirements for the week/day.
- Ensure plant and equipment are operable and report any breakdowns for prompt action to avoid delays.
- Ensure materials are delivered to the right location, on time, and inspect/arrange inspection of materials for compliance to specification, drawings or instructions prior to incorporation into the works.
- Attend regular site meetings, provide updates and input for planning purposes.
- Ensure that in-process checks such as measurements, tests, inspections, etc., are carried out by the relevant personnel for certification/traceability purposes, by giving adequate notice.
Civil Structures Foreman requirements:
- 10+ years’ experience as structures foreman or site manager
- Experience working on structures, earthworks and general civil works
- Experience of heavy machinery
- Excellent knowledge of health & safety regulations
- Excellent communications skills
If you are an experienced Civil Engineer with Structural experience interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.