Junior Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 02 Aug 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for an Junior Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a leading construction company who specialise in fit out & refurbishments projects.
The Junior Quantity Surveyor will assist & support the Quantity Surveying team from beginning to completion stage of the residential project based in Dublin.
The successful candidate should have some site experience in a Quantity Surveying role, working on residential / housing projects would be a distinct advantage & must have a Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management degree.
Junior Quantity Surveyor responsibilities:
- Assist and support the project from start to completion stage
- Assist with the production of bills of quantities
- Supporting the procurement of subcontract packages, suppliers, vendors and consultants, including performing tender analysis to ensure value for money is achieved and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
- Tracking variations
- Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- Measure and record site information
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Support the onsite team with cost control, cost reporting and forecasting.
- Degree in Quantity surveying, engineering or construction management.
- 1 years’ experience in a junior QS role within the construction industry preferred
- Experience in residential / housing
- Thorough knowledge of legislation and building regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft office: particularly Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent at budget management and punctual with reporting deadlines.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.