Construction Safety Officer
Entered: 11 Apr 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Construction Safety Officer on behalf of our client. Our client is a leading construction company with various ongoing projects across Ireland.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years Health & Safety experience & relevant Health & Safety Degree.
This role will be primarily based in Dublin but the successful Health & Safety Manager will be required to travel between 3 Dublin based sites on a regular basis to ensure all H&S standards are being adhered to and to attend site meetings.
Construction Safety Officer Duties:
- Main point of contact for all Health & Safety on site
- Liaise with the health & safety team and site management on a regular basis,
- Ensure all site personnel hold the relevant training certificates, tickets and passes, and have undergone site inductions and any further inductions required,
- Ensuring all sites are adhering to COVD-19 safety procedures,
- Conducting regular site visits and audits, record findings and implement changes where required,
- Promoting and implementing the company’s safety, quality and environmental plan,
- Recording and maintaining all accident, nears misses, risk assessment method statement documents,
- Leading and partaking in Toolbox talks with site teams,
- Liaising with Senior Management/ Company Directors, Clients and Local Authorities where required
Construction Safety Officer Requirements:
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification (Minimum Diploma).
- 3+ years working as a Health & Safety Officer for a main contractor.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining good Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality practices on site.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Possess strong planning, organisational and team work skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.