Entered: 25 June 2021
Euro Executive Recruitment are looking for an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor for a leading M&E Contractor based in Denmark. This position will provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day EHS requirements of the assigned project(s). The role may require to be positioned on a project full time or working on various projects. This role requires frequent travel between projects and may require overnight stays.
Key Functions of the EHS Advisor:
- Provide advice, guidance, support and instruction in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- Provide leadership through good example. Be proactive in all matters concerning the role.
- Identify training needs, report requirements to project team and carry out training as required.
- Audit and inspect projects, agree and prepare achievable corrective and preventive action plans towards compliance to and continual improvement of the EHS on the project.
- Report on business EHS risks, KPIs and trends accurately with data and recommend constructive actions towards continuous improvements.
- Ensure incidents are reported and investigations are carried out in a thorough and professional manner in order to identify root causes and corrective and preventive action plans.
- Ensure that Site EHS Plans, RAMS and other associated site documents are updated and compliant with statutory and other requirements and that they are reviewed on a continuous basis.
EHS Advisor Responsibilities:
- Reports to EHS Manager, Site Managers/Supervisors and Project Manager.
- Is conversant with the contents of the company’s’ safety statement, environment manual, risk assessments, aspects & impacts, legislation and procedures.
- Provides advice, guidance, instruction and training in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- Carries out internal audits and site inspections in conjunction with Site Management, recommends corrective actions, improvements and document findings.
- Prepares in conjunction with site management team a project specific EHS Plan, induction and Risk Assessment Method Statements (RAMS).
- Ensures that the project specific EHS Plan, induction and RAMS are up to date, reviewed periodically and communicated to all relevant persons.
- Visits each new project, sets up the necessary site safety files (Series 500 & 600), registers, abstracts of regulations, posters, SEOR program, etc., and ensures that site establishment complies with the legislation, client regulations and company regulations as a minimum.
- Reviews Contractor Appointments and ensures that correct appointment is carried out and that only competent contractors are used on projects.
- Introduces and implements effective measures aimed at the prevention of incidents at work.
- Reports on incidents and/or dangerous occurrences should they occur to the EHS Manager, Project Manager and Site Managers as required.
- Reports on areas of concern to the relevant party for correction.
- Carries out incident investigation in conjunction with site management.
- Audits the company site safety file, (Series 500 & 600), makes sure that hazards/risks are regularly assessed, that control measures are implemented, that inspections are carried out and that all incidents are reported, investigated and closed out.
- Prepares Monthly KPI Report for their projects, issues monthly return of Site Visit Schedule, SEORs, KPIs, violations to the EHS Manager.
- Provides training and information to the workforce using appropriate training aids and media as required.
- Attends the EHS meeting with the Business Unit Manager, as required
- Attends internal and external site meetings as required – safety meetings, coordination meetings etc
- Implements and promotes the company Incentive Scheme on all projects.
- Monitors P.P.E usage and advises site management on type of protective equipment required.
- Issues non-conformances, commendations and disciplinary warnings both written and verbal if required or instructed to do so.
Necessary requirement of the EHS Advisor:
- 5+ Years’ Experience in similar industry. Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and CSA preferably.
- Diploma to NFQ 8 in Occupational H&S. Certificate to NFQ 6 Environmental Management. Safe Pass, (CSCS (UK)), Train the Trainer, First Aid, Training Instructor.
- Internal ISO14000 and ISO45000 system auditor.
- Experience with the Construction Regulations and CDM roles, with experience working with sub-contractors.
- Experience with EHS Management Systems, safety schemes and tendering e.g. ISOs, Achilles, SSiPs etc.
- Excellent communication skills, through presentations, reports, written and verbal.
- Ability to be able to prepare Audits and EHS reports, to a high standard.
- Up to date with Legislation, Standards, Guidance, Advice and Compliance.
- IOSH Member or Equivalent.
For more information please contact Ian Murphy on 085 866 6878 or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org