Entered: 27 July 2021
EHS Advisor - Blanchardstown
Our client are seeking an ambitious, self-motivated and practical individual with a proven track record in an Environmental Health & Safety role with a Main Contractor.
This will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the right individual with a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. The EHS Advisor is an integrated part of the project teams and is responsible for providing specialist advice and support on all matters relating to the Environment, Health, Safety and Welfare of site personnel, and company operations.
- Relevant Health and Safety Diploma / Degree.
- The successful Health and Safety Officer will have 2-5 years' experience on large construction projects, preferably with an main contractor.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Assist the QEHS Manager in achieving full compliance with Environmental, Health, & Safety Legislation & Best Practice.
- Work co-operatively with the EHS team to further develop our function and management system elements associated with EHS.
- Work effectively with the Project Managers and Construction Teams with the implementation of the Integrated Management System, and provide support to assist in managing day to day operations.
- Ensure the sites are adequately set up with a Construction EHS Plan.
- Assist with the development & review of internal and third party RAMS to ensure appropriate safe working methodologies and adequate risk assessments are identified, reviewed and implemented.
- Carry out reactive and proactive monitoring of site operations.
- Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Communicate with site teams through Toolbox Talk and other mechanisms on a scheduled basis.