Entered: 16 May 2022
You'll be a part of a skilled safety team with a wide range of experience, allowing you to expand your knowledge and develop your professional competencies. By being supported through a variety of training and learning initiatives, you will be ensured of excellent opportunities for progression. A position in this company will provide an engaging working environment and outstanding construction industry experience.
A culture of health and safety
With a top-down approach to safety within this company, there is a positive safety culture and a track record of achieving the highest standards. This is an award-winning organisation with a reputation for delivering outstanding building and civil engineering projects while maintaining a zero-accident environment
Key Responsibilities as EHS Advisor
- Positively and actively drive towards an embedded HS&E culture taking an approach that creates a continually improving focus on preventative actions, reduction of injuries, and the promotion of health and environmentally friendly operations.
- Assist in ensuring that all employees and subcontractors are fully compliant and up to date in all Health, Safety & Workplace legislation.
- Communicate effectively, translating HS&E compliance standards using modern software to direct the business presented in the form of procedures, bulletin material, and verbal support, mentoring, and coaching.
- Root cause analysis of accidents and preventing recurrence and carry out site safety inspections and conduct accident and dangerous occurrence investigations, within your designated area of responsibility
- You will liaise with Site Managers to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site
- You will maintain and track the accident and dangerous occurrence register
- You'll drive a safety culture by being a champion of best practice; conducting training for new and existing employees on the importance of health and safety on the job; and by suggesting improvements to existing
- Compliance monitoring and auditing and planning of strategy and delivery of cultural and behavioural change
- A minimum of a Level 7 qualification in Health and Safety
- 2 - 4 years' experience in a similar role
- Previous main contractor experience is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence safety
How to take the next step:
- Apply confidentially with your CV
- Email email@example.com
If this role isn't for you, get up to €1,000 by referring a friend for a new construction opportunity. Contact us for more information.