EHS Advisor - Thurles
Entered: 27 July 2021
Suir Engineering Ltd. has over 35 years of electrical, utilities, renewables, instrumentation, and mechanical expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than 1100 people and in the region of €200 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, Limerick, Cork, Sweden and Denmark.
Suir Engineering Ltd. operates in the following sectors: energy & utilities, renewable energy, data centres, pharmaceutical and food and beverage. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful projects in Europe.
Overall Role Objective
The EHS Advisor is an integrated part of the Project Team and is responsible for providing specialist advise and support on all matters relating to the Environment, Health, Safety and Welfare of site personnel. The EHS Advisor will become a Subject Matter Expert on Suir’s Integrated Management System and ensure its effective implementation on site.
- Assist the EHS Manager in achieving Suir’s Critical Success Factor 1. ‘To ensure we are fully compliant in all Health, Safety & Workplace Legislation’
- Work effectively with the Project Manager and Construction Team with the implementation of the Integrated Management System
- Ensure the site is adequately set up with a Site-Specific Construction EHS Plan.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all of Suir’s Hight Risk Activities (HRA’s) and ensure that they are identified and effectively controlled on site.
- Assist with the development of Risk Assessment & Method Statements
- Assist with the development of SOP’s and provide training and communication to site personnel.
- Become familiar with and promote the ‘Suir Way’ and its interfaces with Health & Safety.
- Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Communicate Safety Alerts through Toolbox Talk on a scheduled basis.
- Ensure statutory forms and inspections are complete and recorded in a timely fashion.
- Provide EHS project and documentation support.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by the EHS Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
- Level 8 Health & Safety Qualification
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role.
- Experience in construction would be an advantage.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external clients.
- Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Benefits of Working with Suir Engineering
- Competitive salary
- Employer Pension contribution
- Healthcare package
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking