Entered: 27 Oct 2020
Our client, an International Power & Energy company based in Dublin is looking for an EHS Officer.
The successful candidate will implement and monitor safe working practices and procedures in accordance with legislation, while ensuring a sustained culture of Health and Safety is embedded across our team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to environmental, health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Implementation of comprehensive EHS policies, procedures, safety rules
- Ensure legal compliance with HSA & HSE regulations by regular review of HSE Management System, and communication of changes as necessary
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirement
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant HSE legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business
- Be familiar with the responsibilities of Clients, Project Supervisor Design Stage, Principal Designer, Project Supervisor Construction Stage and Principal Contractor in relation to construction projects
- Ensure that contractor project specific Health & Safety plans, risk assessments and method statements are reviewed for all work
- Carry out risk assessments across the sites and consider how risks could be reduced
- Carry out routine inspections and site audits and ensure all corrective actions are tracked and completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that all incidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable corrective measures are put in place
- Record incidents and accidents and produce reports and statistics to best industry practice
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Work with our internal team and external consultants as necessary to maintain our clients ISO 140001 & ISO 45001 accreditations
- Assist with EHS responsibilities in other parts of the business as required.
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Authority / Health & Safety Executive and Environmental Protection Agency / Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) as required
- Hold a third level qualification in Occupational H&S, BSc. in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- Grad/Tech IOSH membership
- Proven experience in a Health & Safety role with experience in construction projects
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out risk assessments and conducting site audits
- Demonstrable experience of EHS reporting
- Have experience in the management of construction contractors in relation to health & safety practices and reporting
Attractive permanent role. Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidates qualifications, experience, suitability and fit for the role. Excellent salary with career opportunity potentials.
This is an immediate role. If you desire to embrace training and development and progress within a business, please contact: Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.