Environmental, Health & Safety Manager – Killarney, Co Kerry
Entered: 23 Feb 2020
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager for a leading manufacturing company based in Killarney, Co. Kerry. Reporting to the Managing Director- Manufacturing, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for managing, maintaining and further developing the company’s policy and strategy on all Environmental, Health & Safety matters, which affect our employees and visitors (e.g. Killarney and Worldwide sites). The EHS Manager will act as the primary point of contact to the Board of Management providing reports and strategic direction. Very occasional overseas travel will be required
Key Elements of the Role:
The employee’s responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management of all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) activities within the company, including installation projects and activities at locations outside of the manufacturing facility in Killarney. Drive projects to actively promote a culture of Safety and Environmental awareness, excellence and continuous improvement.
- Management, development and co-ordination of the EHS team.
- Lead in the development of EHS systems and ensure the company complies with all applicable regulations.
- Drive continual improvement of EHS performance and internal EHS processes.
- Construct and manage annual improvement plans for EHS, and implement in conjunction with departmental management teams.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the EHS system to ensure continuous improvement of the system.
- Co-coordinating risk management process for site.
- Ensure compliance to safe working practices from implementation through to enforcement.
- Liaise with relevant statutory bodies and consultants regarding EHS matters.
- Work with the site management team, site safety representatives and workforce to manage EHS.
- Chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committee
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported both internally and externally as necessary.
- Management of EHS documentation and ensuring the Integrated Management System is updated with the most recent documents. Manage and co-ordinate the development, review, update and issuing of EHS documentation as necessary.
- Be the EHS champion for project work and ensure all new equipment, contractors and visitors to site comply with legislation and audits are conducted to check compliance.
- Liaise with Insurance providers regarding all visits and manage any actions generated, be the link between site and insurance providers.
- Deliver training and coaching on key EHS topics as necessary.
- Manage all complaints regarding EHS issues.
- Build close working relationships with key stakeholders and continually strive to improve overall EHS performance.
- Developing specific site Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Site Induction and Safe Systems of Work for both factory and site works.
- Manage the hazardous waste materials and ensure compliance to company IPPC license requirements.
- Ensure waste is managed and disposed in a proper manner and all documentation and records are maintained, kept up to date and filed away as appropriate.
- Carry out occupational monitoring e.g. gas survey, noise monitoring and dust survey.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Manufacturing Director – Manufacturing, following initial review of the company EHS activities and on an ongoing basis as the role evolves.
Qualifications Requirements and Experience:
- 3rd level qualification in Health & Safety and/or Environmental Science or a related discipline.
- Chartered member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) or equivalent qualification would also be an advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Health & Safety Manager in a manufacturing site would be preferable.,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Experience in developing, implementing behavioural, and safety programmes.
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated.
- Thorough knowledge of Irish and European legislation and ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
For more information on this role, contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484 or 021 206 6078 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org