Environmental, Health & Safety Officer – Galway
Entered: 03 Aug 2020
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Environmental, Health & Safety Officer for one of Ireland's most experienced waste management companies based in Galway. The successful candidate will have a third level qualification in an environmental science or health and safety and will have a good understanding of Waste Regulations and Health and Safety Regulations.
Along with a competitive salary, the position also offers a company car.
- Take ownership of customer Environmental Health & Safety requirements for the company and maintain accountability for follow through.
- Assist in the Management and Operations of the Galway facility.
- Carry out the reporting and management requirements for the companies Waste Collection Permit and Waste Facility Permits to ensure compliance with conditions.
- Visit the larger customers of the client’s customer base, review and advise on waste streams, assist with reporting and improve customer service.
- Cultivate a positive attitude of helpfulness, professionalism and enthusiasm to be shared with your customers and fellow employees.
- Assist with the preparation of tenders for Waste Management Contracts as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Candidate will have a third level qualification in an environmental science or health and safety course or have held a similar position.
- Good understanding of Environmental issues.
- Good understanding of Waste Regulations as well as Health, and Safety Regulations.
- Effective listening and interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Well organized, with the ability to prioritize and work in a busy environment.
- Ability to adapt to change and multi-task.
- Self-starter and energetic personality
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
For more information on this role please contact Owen Twomey or to apply, click 'Apply Now'