Experienced Health and Safety Officer required
Entered: 27 July 2021
Ref No: VAC-19421
Our Client is a leading building contractor operating across Ireland. With over 65 years in the construction business, the Client has cemented its reputation for delivering high quality construction projects across sectors including Residential, Commercial, Retail, Healthcare & Leisure, Hotels and Education. They are currently looking for a Senior Health and Safety Officer/Adviser for a full time Permanent Role for a large commercial project in Dublin City Centre and residential projects in North Co. Dublin and Co. Meath.
The candidate will be a self-starter who has the drive, determination, and capability to maintain and improve our Health and Safety systems. They must act as a role model for the company in ensuring that the highest standard of H&S is implemented throughout.
Reporting to the Directors you will be responsible for:
- Proactively champion the health and safety function, and safe working practices across the company’s activities and operations.
- Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly.
- Responsible for the preparation of health and safety plans and risk assessments, site audits and reporting.
- Support in the completion of Safety Induction Training for all new employees and sub-contractors, and maintain documentary evidence of same,
- Develop Emergency, Evacuation and Traffic Management Plans for sites.
- Assist in Safety Audits.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings.
- Liaise with organisations such as the HAS and other relevant professional bodies.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulations.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong IT / Administration skills essential.
- Maintain training records of all site personnel.
- Have first-hand knowledge and experience with ISO9001, 14001 and 18001 and to assist with audits and liaise with external auditors.
Desirable Skills and experience of the Health and Safety Officer
- Third level qualification in Health and Safety
- Have at 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Willingness to show initiative and drive in addition to being a team player.
- Must be IT proficient in terms of the full Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary and Benefits:
Company Vehicle, laptop and mobile phone will be supplied.
Apply below with an up-to-date CV, OR call us on 01-8912330 to speak to us directly.
This vacancy is being advertised by ISM Recruitment/ISM Driver Recruitment a division of the Irish School of Motoring Group of companies, leaders in Driver Education since 1961.
NRF (National Recruitment Federation)
Winner for Best in Practice – Warehousing, Logistics & Light Industrial 2016
Shortlisted for Best in Specialism (Healthcare) 2018
Shortlisted for Best in Specialism 2018, 2017 & 2016
Shortlisted for Agency of Year 2018, 2017 & 2016
To review more live vacancies visit us on www.ismrecruitment.ie