Health & Safety Advisor (Contract) – West Cork
Entered: 13 July 2020
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor for a food manufacturing company in West Cork. The successful candidate, who will work under the plant safety manager will be a strong site safety operative and will have previous experience in the manufacturing industry. This is a contract role on an hourly rate with a view to going permanent after the first 6 months.
- Support the Site management team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective Health Safety & Training policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the business objectives are met.
- Provide support to the Management and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety, Training / Development and on occasion environmental issues.
- Support the HR Manager in ensuring Health & Safety compliance and perform regular Health and Safety audits
- Assist with developing Health and Safety plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as Internal and external stakeholders’ requirements
- Ensure training, toolbox meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and Health & Safety and HR program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit preventative measure initiatives for implementation
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting within and benchmark performance with relative other industries.
- Assist in the development of project specific Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure premises, transportation and employees are compliant with Company policies and safety standards and that there are sufficient systems in place to monitor and safeguard.
- Successfully develop and implement work site Health & Safety campaigns and good practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
- Min. Level 6 QQI in Health and Safety Required;
- Knowledge and compliance of H&S Legislation.
- Manual Handling Instructor and/or Fork Lift Instructor desirable;
- IT proficient in Microsoft Office.
For more information on this role please contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484 or send your CV to email@example.com