Health & Safety Advisor
Entered: 27 July 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor on behalf of our client, one of Ireland’s leading construction companies who have various ongoing projects throughout Ireland.
The Health & Safety Advisor will be based on a Pharmaceutical project based in Cork.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Health & Safety Manager to ensure all health & Safety systems are implemented & adhered to by all personnel across the site.
Health & Safety Advisor responsibilities include:
- Ensure H&S management systems are implemented and maintained across the site.
- Managing the administration for the Health & Safety induction & training plans for all site personnel.
- Regularly review and assisting the update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Manage training & compliance files for all colleagues & sub-contractors on site
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety and environmental work practices on the site.
- Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and tool box talks
- Investigate/report accidents and incidents on-site ensuring relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with project stakeholders
- Degree qualification or its equivalent in Health & Safety
- 3 years’ experience in a Health & Safety role on construction/civils projects
- Ability to work on large scale, high headcount construction sites & sub-contractors essential.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.