Health & Safety Advisor
Entered: 27 Nov 2022
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by one of Irelands leading main contractors to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor.
This role would have the successful candidate working one of Cork’s largest developments in Cork City.
- Maintain a schedule of staff and complete regular audits to ensure that required audits take place and that SHEQ best practice is being implemented
- Review documentation for adequacy, advise and assist project staff in the development and maintenance the Construction Phase and Project Quality Plans and H&S Files.
- Suggest improvements to ensure the Groups policies and procedures meet the needs of the organisation and statutory safety and environmental obligations.
- Check that staff has access to appropriate procedural manuals and they are trained in the content.
- Complete necessary H&S training as required.
- Discuss site performance with Site Teams. Agree actions to be taken.
- Develop and issue performance reports to the Director SHEQ.
- Liaise with Client representative while on site and attend meetings as required.
- Liaise with enforcing authorities and other local safety groups.
- Assist as required site teams with contract reviews.
- Investigate loss incidents.
- Degree qualification or its equivalent in Health & Safety.
- Help out with and assist site teams with contract reviews.
- Continue to develop and carry out health and safety training as required.
- Represent and liaise with client’s representatives while on site including attendance at meetings.
- Issue and develop performance reports and policies to HSEQ Director.
- Ensure staff have all relevant manuals and training.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role required.
- Run audits, inductions and safety procedures smoothly.