Health & Safety Manager
Entered: 16 Apr 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager on behalf of our client. Our client, is a leading construction company with various ongoing projects across Ireland.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years Health & Safety Management experience & relevant Health & Safety Degree.
This role will be primarily based in Kildare but the successful Health & Safety Manager will be required to travel between sites on a regular basis to ensure all H&S standards are being adhered to and to attend site meetings.
Health & Safety Manager responsibilities include:
- Overseeing / Managing the Health and Safety across a number of projects simultaneously,
- Take immediate action where unsafe working conditions / practices are observed and make appropriate corrections
- Liaise with the health & safety team and site management on a regular basis,
- Ensure all site personnel hold the relevant training certificates, tickets and passes, and have undergone site inductions and any further inductions required,
- Ensuring all sites are adhering to COVD-19 safety procedures,
- Conducting regular site visits and audits, record findings and implement changes where required,
- Promoting and implementing the company’s safety, quality and environmental plan,
- Recording and maintaining all accident, nears misses, risk assessment method statement documents,
- Leading and partaking in Toolbox talks with site teams,
- Liaising with Senior Management/ Company Directors, Clients and Local Authorities where required.
- Act as the primary point of contact for external audits from certification and statutory bodies, such as SCCS, EPA, HSA, etc
- Assist in the preparation of tender submissions & pre-qualification documentation.
Health & Safety Manager requirements:
- Health & Safety Degree is required
- Must have Health & Safety Management experience
- A thorough understanding of current Health & Safety legislation
- Strong communicator for reporting and IT/ MS Office skills,
- Organised individual with a strong attention to detail and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
Excellent package is on offer to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.