Health & Safety Manager
Entered: 21 Oct 2021
Our client, specialists in Fire Protection are looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their rapidly expanding team.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Managing Director and will be responsible for the continuous development and implementation of quality, health and safety policies on construction projects across various sectors such as commercial, residential, hospitality and industrial.
- You will develop, maintain, update and implement quality, health and safety standards in accordance with current legislation.
- Ensure that employees comply with quality and safety legislation and that policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
- You will plan, implement, monitor and review protective and preventative safety measures,
- You will carry out risk assessments, identifying potential hazards and you will consider how risks could be reduced.
- Carry out siter inspections and audits to check that policies and procedures are being implemented properly.
- Ensuring work practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- You will be leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- You will investigate accidents and incident to full conclusion, complete root cause analysis of accidents and prevent re-occurrence. Record incidents and accidents and provide managers with statistics.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive legislation.
- Qualification in Health & Safety, Third Level Degree preferrable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Health & Safety experience ideally within Construction.
- Previous experience in ISO, OHSAS 18001 accredited environments.
- Good knowledge of safety and quality management.
- Ability to lead and mentor others.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Full Drivers Licence.
What we can offer you:
- Completive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to grow and develop.
Please make sure you are legally entitled to work in Ireland before applying.