Health & Safety Manager - Electrical, Utilities
Entered: 04 Mar 2021
Health & Safety Manager – Electrical, Utilities – Monaghan
Our client is a leading Electrical Contractor who have over 30 years’ experience within the building services industry on projects across Ireland and the UK.
Following their success of winning the high profile National Electrical Framework Contract (smart meter upgrades), they have an urgent requirement for a Health & Safety Manager to lead and manage the full Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality process for the company.
The role includes strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations and risk management across the SHEQ Department. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and requires strong people management of field and office teams.
You will be responsible for setting and driving the safety culture within a rapidly growing Electrical team implementing robust safety systems and being responsible for keeping these under constant review, refining and improving on them as the contract evolves.
You shall coach, monitor & motivate all employees to ensure they always engage in safe working practices and maintain a focus on health and safety, an excellent customer experience and quality workmanship whilst leading on all Health & Safety initiatives across the business and will be the lead contact with the client in respect of same.
• Electrical qualification at National Craft Certificate Level 6 or JIB Standard or their equivalents.
• Previous experience of a senior SHEQ role within the utilities sector.
• Understanding and experience of implementation of ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO9001 construction technology and methods.
• Demonstrable experience of relevant SHEQ legislation.
• Safe Pass / ECS card and Testing & Inspection are desirable.
Desirable Qualification Criteria:
• NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Diploma in Applied Health and Safety or equivalent qualification or qualification by experience
• Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a key member of the senior management team with a busy and very well respected Contractor.
A highly competitive and comprehensive salary/package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be available to the successful candidate.
To register your interest please apply online or contact George at ICDS