Health & Safety Manager
Entered: 27 Nov 2022
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager for our Client, a well-known international company with various ongoing projects across Ireland and Europe.
The appointed Candidate will work in Dublin.
Health & Safety Manager Responsibilities include:
- To lead Quality (ISO9001), Environment (ISO14001) and Health & Safety (ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001) management within the company
- Must be experienced in the development and implementation of project specific Plans, through all project phases (design, procurement, construction and commissioning), which align with ISO9001-2015 requirements.
- Will monitor and report on the implementation of the Quality Program through surveillance and formal audit activities.
- Will monitor and report on the implementation of the Environmental Plan
- Will ensure that the facility provided is fit for the purpose for which it is designed for and meets both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations.
- Coordinates the activities required to meet quality standards.
- Advises on the performance of the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental management system, produce data, and report on performance, measuring against set indicators.
- Liaises with other managers and staff throughout the project team to ensure that the control systems are functioning properly.
- Preparation the audit schedule and assign appropriate resources to fulfil the program (internally and with supply chain, if necessary)
- Identify relevant related training needs and delivering training where required
- Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers and comparing with customer requirements.
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Set-up and maintain controls and documentation procedures.
- Collate and analyse performance data and charts against defined parameters and manage monthly reporting;
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that modifications are investigated if necessary.
- Write technical and management systems reports.
- Identify HSEQ Contract requirements as well as laws, regulation requirements and permits needed
- Report and investigate all environmental incidents, including complaints from local communities or other interested parties
- Ensure legal compliance on HSEQ matters
Health & Safety Manager Requirements include:
- Degree in Construction, Architectural or Civil Engineering or similar, preferably Chartered Status.
- Diploma in Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) (NFQ level 8) or similar
- Chartered member of IOSH or on route to become a Chartered member of IOSH.
- Must be suitably qualified with a minimum of 7 years’ experience, with 5 years in the role of HSEQ Management for large building construction projects with proven record of accomplishment.
- Demonstrate ability to act as a competent PSDP within the meaning of the Safety, Health & Welfare Act 2005 and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006
- Training and experience on relevant ISO standards 9001 and 14001.
- Experience in residential and commercial projects
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Office packages, Aconex, ASITE, CDE’s etc
- Flexibility to travel between sites
- Eligible to work in Ireland / EU
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.