Health & Safety Officer
Entered: 10 Apr 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer on behalf of our Client. Our Client is a leading contractor with various ongoing projects across Ireland.
The successful candidate will join our clients team on a Civils’ project based near Roscommon Town & will occasionally be required to travel to various sites across the country.
The successful candidate must have a Health & Safety Qualification, minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a health & safety role, ideally with a main contractor & must have experience working on civils projects.
Health & Safety Officer responsibilities include:
- Main point of contact for all Health & Safety on site
- Liaise with the health & safety team and site management on a regular basis,
- Ensure all site personnel hold the relevant training certificates, tickets and passes, and have undergone site inductions and any further inductions required,
- Ensuring all sites are adhering to COVD-19 safety procedures,
- Conducting regular site visits and audits, record findings and implement changes where required,
- Promoting and implementing the company’s safety, quality and environmental plan,
- Recording and maintaining all accident, nears misses, risk assessment method statement documents,
- Leading and partaking in Toolbox talks with site teams,
- Liaising with Senior Management/ Company Directors, Clients and Local Authorities where required.
Health & Safety Officer requirements:
- Health & Safety Qualification,
- A thorough understanding of current Health & Safety legislation,
- Strong communicator for reporting and IT/ MS Office skills,
- 4+ years Health & Safety experience within the construction industry
- Experience working on Civil projects
- Organised individual with a strong attention to detail and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Salary: Depending on Experience
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew in our Cork Office on 087 902 2067.