Health & Safety Officer
Entered: 13 July 2020
Our client, one of Ireland’s leading construction companies are currently looking for a Health & Safety Officer to join our team. The Health & Safety Officer will be required to travel between sites based in Waterford & Kildare.
As a Health and Safety Officer you will be responsible for:
- Providing general support and assistance to the Head of Health & Safety and the Head of Quality & Environmental,
- Coordinating and managing PPE,
- Support the wider management team with investigating, recording and reporting accidents, incidents and near misses promptly; ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay,
- Maintaining vital registers such as the accident register and the non-conformance register,
- Carrying out risk assessments and continually work out ways risk could reasonably be minimized,
- Offering general H&S advice or referrals for employees and colleagues commensurate with their knowledge and experience,
- Providing planning support and communication for the sites Health Control programmes i.e. health surveillance and monitoring,
- Management of and/or involvement in various HSEQ activities e.g. audits, meetings, ‘Theme of the Month’ programme.
Health & Safety Officer Requirements include:
- Degree qualified in Health & Safety or equivalent qualifications through experience
- A thorough understanding of the legislation relevant to Health, Safety and the Environment
- 3+ years Health & Safety experience within the construction industry
- Extremely organised with a strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Full driving license
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.