Health & Safety Officer
Entered: 16 May 2022
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for an experienced Health & Safety Officer on behalf of our client, a leading construction company who have various ongoing projects throughout Ireland.
The successful Candidate will work in Dublin closely with the HSE Manager on site ensuring it meets all legal requirements relating to health, safety, environmental and quality.
Health & Safety Officer Responsibilities include:
- Lead the HSEQ Department on your Projects to ensure HSEQ Management System complies with Statutory and Client requirements.
- Provide general support and assistance to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Control HSEQ audits/Inspections by following up/tracking and reporting on remedial actions.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of PPE, Staff mandatory courses for H&S.
- Liaise closely with the Construction team to coordinate issues relating to the Site e.g., waste disposal, fire safety equipment, site logistics and other compliance testing and audit non-compliances.
- Audit, assess and approve potential new sub-contractors before commencement of works.
- Updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Organise, participate and provide clerical support around HSEQ meetings and forums.
- Control, maintain and coordinate the induction and training register.
- Coordinate, prepare and deliver project toolboxes, specific training sessions, including training assessments as required.
- Responsible on investigating accidents, incidents, high potential near misses or other significant events/issues.
Health & Safety Officer Requirements include:
- 3rd level qualification in Construction or Health & Safety
- Experience in health & safety on construction sites (2-4 years)
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and targets
- A full Driving License
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lorcan on 083 045 3579 for a confidential conversation.