Health & Safety Officer
Entered: 05 Apr 2020
A competitive remuneration package will be offered depending on the experience of the candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all EHS legislation
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
- Manage training & compliance files for all colleagues & sub-contractors on site
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and tool box talks
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Managing the administration for the Health & Safety induction & training plans for all site personnel.
- Investigate, Record and Report accidents, incidents and near misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Relevant Health & Safety Qualification - Preferably OSH or IOSH Certification
- 2+ years’ experience in a Health & Safety role with a main or subcontactor contractor is desired
- An understanding of the legislation relevant to Health, Safety and the Environment
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Strong leadership skills and be able to show initiative