Health & Safety Officer
Entered: 30 Nov 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Safety Officer for our Client, a well-known international company with various ongoing projects across Ireland and Europe.
This is a Dublin based role and the successful candidate will support the HSE manager on site; ensuring it meets all legal requirements relating to health, safety, environmental and quality.
Safety Officer Responsibilities include:
- Ensure HSEQ Management System complies with Statutory and Client requirements.
- Provide general support and assistance to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Control HSEQ audits/Inspections by following up/tracking and reporting on remedial actions.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of PPE, Staff mandatory courses for H&S.
- Ensuring sub-contractor documentation and training has been reviewed prior to commencement and complies with legal and company policies.
- Updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Organise, participate and provide clerical support around HSEQ meetings and forums.
- Control, maintain and coordinate the induction and training register.
- Develop matrix and support the delivery team on the control and monitoring of all temporary works, during pre-installation, installation, use, removal stages.
- Support on delivering and completing statutory notifications to the HSA as necessary.
- Conducting regular site audits and carrying out inspections to ensure Company safe operating procedures are adhered to.
- Coordinate, prepare and deliver project toolboxes, specific training sessions, including training assessments as required.
- Responsible on investigating accidents, incidents, high potential near misses or other significant events/issues. Ensuring that investigation close out action's plans are completed in the required time frame.
- Giving general H&S advice to the site team as needed.
- Periodically review relevant safety signage across the Site
- Making sure First Aiders are available, and that all relevant Certs are updated.
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Other ad hoc duties required with the role
Safety Officer Requirements include:
- 3rd level qualification in Construction or Health & Safety
- Experience in health & safety on construction sites (2-4 years)
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and targets
- A full Driving License
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lorcan on 083 045 3579 for a confidential conversation.