Health & Safety PSCS
Entered: 15 Jan 2021
The role of the project supervisor construction stage is to manage and co-ordinate health and safety matters during the construction stage. The project supervisor construction stage is appointed before the construction work begins and remains in that position until all construction work on the project is completed.
The Health and Safety Officer will be integral to the development, monitoring and implementation of the client's HSEQ policy, ensuring that our client is at all times compliant with Health and Safety Regulation.
There is 12 months work on the project.
Your duties will include:
- Implement the company's health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Must have a degree or equivalent in Health & Safety
- Have experience as the PSCS
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience on building contract projects in Ireland or the UK.
- Possess excellent IT skills and communication.
- Flexible to travel to sites.