Health and Safety adviser (Medium sized contractor)
Entered: 01 June 2020
Our client is a medium sized contractor involved in the civil aspects of building works including enabling works, demolition works etc. They would be a very professionally run organisation but small enough that you would get to know everybody in the company.
The company is in business for over 50 years and would have a strong reputation for staff retention.
They require a safety officer to report to a company Safety manager on several projects covering Dublin and Kildare. The office base will be on the south side of Dublin.
• Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections.
• Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
• Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
• Serving as Client representative at Site meetings;
• Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for staff and Sub-Contractors personnel;
• Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
• Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
• Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications.
• Carry out risk assessments and ensure risks are reduced.
• Keep up to date on new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments effecting the Industry – the company will assist with any costs relating top this
• Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential,
• With 4+ years experience.
• Previous experience managing safety on site.
• Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
• Experience in the construction industry.
The company will pay a salary depending on experience and potential of the successful candidate in line with market expectations.
Please forward your CV directly through this website or contact Kevin on 0872790484/014586006 or email email@example.com. Your recruiter has 20 years’ experience in construction recruitment.