Health and Safety Advisor
Entered: 28 Sept 2023
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor on behalf of Our Client, a well-established company, with a diverse project portfolio of small – medium sized building projects including residential, hospitality, industrial and commercial builds.
The Health and Safety Advisor will join their team in Galway.
Health and Safety Advisor Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure H&S management systems are implemented and maintained across the site.
- Prepare H&S documents for tenders and live projects.
- Managing the administration for the Health & Safety induction & training plans for all site personnel.
- Regularly review and assisting the update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Manage training & compliance files for all colleagues & sub-contractors on site.
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety, and environmental work practices on the site.
- Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and toolbox talks.
- Investigate/report accidents and incidents on-site ensuring relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with project stakeholders.
Health and Safety Advisor Requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification in Health & Safety and Environmental
- 6+ years’ experience in a Health & Safety role
- Site experience and knowledge of the construction sector
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, and presentation skills
- Have experience working closely with the HSA to ensure compliance across all projects.
- Have experience working with ISO45001 and ISO14001
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.