Health and Safety Manager
Entered: 17 Nov 2018
Our client is currently recruiting a Health and Safety Officer Manager for their head office based in Meath but traveling to sites in Dublin involved.
- Implement the OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 systems
- Conducting in house training necessary for staff to comply with above
- Control the day to day operation of these systems once in place
- Ensure compliance with all EHS legislation
- Preparation of Job Specific Safety Plans
- Notifications to HSA
- Preparation of Method Statements
- Preparation of Risk Assessments
- Work Permit Applications
- Site Visits / Inspections / Audits
- Subcontractor Safety Info Review
- Induction Talks
- Toolbox Talks
- Compilation of Safety Files and control of documentation for BCMS system
- Employee Safety Training Review
- Control of First Aid / PPE Stocks
- Control of Equipment - engraving, recording, inspecting
- Control of relevant Inspections: Teleporter, Harnesses, Fire Extinguishers, Vehicles etc
- Attendance at and reporting at site meetings where relevant.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with some elements of ISO 9001 Quality procedures.
- Preparation / compilation of various elements of Pre-Qualification packages.
- Other various Miscellaneous duties as requested by H&S Director
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Relevant third level H&S Qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in H&S in Construction, ideally with Main Contractor
- Be knowledgeable of standards above and capable of implementing them from scratch with some direction from H&S Director.
- Knowledgeable of BCAR requirements involved in preparing Job Safety Files / Handover Documentation
- Excellent verbal and written English with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the Company
- Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation
- Highly Computer Literate. Auto CAD skills would be an advantage
- Possess strong planning, organisational and team work skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Should be honest, flexible, hardworking, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The role would suit an enthusiastic, hardworking, hands on and motivated individual.
Please send your CV to Aine at email@example.com or call 01-4569899 for a confidential conversation.