Health and Safety Officer – Carlow / Cork / Dublin
Entered: 05 June 2020
AA Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by one of Ireland’s largest Irish owned Engineering Consultants, to recruit a Health and Safety Officer who will work as an integral team member in our Dublin, Cork or Carlow offices.
This position offers exposure to a broad range of areas within the Infrastructure, Waste, Environmental and Energy and Planning sectors. The employee can choose his/her main office base.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Health and Safety Management
- Continual improvement of the company Health & Safety procedures in line with new legislation/regulations
- To act as Project Supervisor Design Phase (PSDP)
- To act as Health & Safety Co-ordinator for the Design Process
- Carry out Risk Assessments and prepare Preliminary Safety & Health Plans
- Train all employees in health and safety procedures
- Conduct frequent safety inspections and checks
- Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment
- Take responsibility for first aid and concerns raised by employees.
- Project management of PSDP projects including coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and scope
- Oversee all aspects of projects (including project finances).
- Minimum academic requirements: a HETAC (Higher Education and Training Awards Council) recognised level 8 degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, and Diploma in Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction)
- Achieved chartered status with Engineers Ireland or similar professional body
- Chartered member of IOSH or willingness to become a Chartered member of IOSH preferred
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience in the management of PSDP and HSC duties
- Demonstrate ability to act as a competent PSDP within the meaning of the Safety, Health & Welfare Act 2005 and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006
- Experience in the preparation of Preliminary Safety & Health Plans
- Experience in acting as the Health & Safety Co-ordinator for the Design Process
- Experience in co-ordinating differing Designers i.e. Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geotechnical Engineers, In-House designers, external designers etc.
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills required
- Key requirements include efficient work methods, functioning both as part of team and on own initiative, experience of project management
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience in managing projects in an area of the client’s expertise as noted above.
- Full Drivers Licence.
For more information on this role, please contact Sarah Lonergan on 021 206 6078 or email your CV in confidence to Sarah@aaeuro.com