Health and Safety Officer
Entered: 30 Nov 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for an experienced Health and Safety Officer for our client. The Company has a proven track record of delivering major infrastructure, industrial facilities, and commercial developments.
This is a Cork based role and requires a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience working as Health and Safety Officer in construction industry.
Health and Safety Officer Duties:
- Ensure H&S management systems are implemented and maintained across the site.
- Managing the administration for the Health & Safety induction & training plans for all site personnel.
- Regularly review and assisting the update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Manage training & compliance files for all colleagues & sub-contractors on site
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety, and environmental work practices on the site.
- Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and tool box talks
- Investigate/report accidents and incidents on-site ensuring relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with project stakeholders
Health and Safety Officer Requirements:
- Relevant Health & Safety Qualification
- 3-4 years working as a Health & Safety Officer for a main contractor.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining good Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality practices on site.
- Experience in commercial/ residential projects
- Proficient in MS Office
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lorcan on 083 045 3579 for a confidential conversation.