Health and Safety Officer
Entered: 25 June 2019
Reporting to – Senior Health & Safety Manager
Contract Type – Permanent Full time
Location - Kildare/ Meath/ Dublin
About the role
Glenveagh Properties Plc, a leading Residential Developer is currently recruiting an experienced Health & Safety Officer. As part of our growing Health & Safety team your primary role will be to support the creation of safer construction sites. You will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of safety statements, legislation and company policy across the site and that all relevant safety documents are completed and filed correctly.
Training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job.
About the role:
- The Safety Officer will provide general support and assistance to the Senior Health & Safety Manager
- You will carry out site safety inspections and conduct accident and dangerous occurrence investigations, within your designated area of responsibliity
- You will carry out Risk Assessments & complete Method Statements as required.
- You will liaise with Site Managers to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site
- You will maintain and track the accident and dangerous occurrence register
- You'll drive a safety culture by being a champion of best practice; conducting training for new and existing employees on the importance of health and safety on the job; and by suggesting improvements to existing methods of work
- You will have a third level degree qualification in Health and Safety
- You will 4+ years’ experience in a similar role, gained in Ireland
- You have some experience within the residential construction sector
- You have a strong and proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice
- You must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- You will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint), and a general competence in using new technologies (Mobile Apps etc)
- You must possess a full clean driving licence
Glenveagh Properties provides employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding Company. We work to make a team environment that will attract the best people and give them credible reasons to stay and grow their careers with us.