Health + Safety Officer
Entered: 04 Mar 2021
* Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System
* Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment
* Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health + Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health + Safety Authority
* Delivering Health + Safety induction program's for new employees or contractors working on site
* Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protective Equipment required for all Employees
* Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health + Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc
* Serving as company representative at Site meetings;
* Organizing and chairing the Safety Meetings for Sub-Contractors personnel
* Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement's and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required
* Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
* Compiling, updating and communicating site Emergency Plans
* Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated
* Making sure First aid is available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated
* Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
What you need to have
* 3rd level H + S Qualification
* 2 years Health + Safety Experience Essential
* Previous experience managing safety on site
* Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills
* Experience in the construction industry
* Experience with Irish or UK contracts
What you get in return
* Excellent working environment
* Latest available training to assist you in your role
* Competitive Salary
* Company vehicle or fuel allowance
* Work for a well-structured and supported organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact David on 0870903616/ today for a strictly confidential conversation.
Job 36894 - INDHP
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.