HSEQ Advisor (Utilities)
Entered: 05 Apr 2020
HSEQ Advisor (Utilities)
€Neg + Transport
Our client is a leading contractor who is currently undertaking a large infrastructure/utilities project in Limerick
The ideal candidate will have experience in utilities sector, but candidates from the civils/construction industry will also be considered for the role.
- Carry out daily site safety inspections and site safety audits and action any issues that may arise
- Ensure contractor and company employees’ safety documentation is in order, safety training is up to date and valid for work been carried out.
- Contractor’s machinery is certified and relevant documentation is completed daily and weekly.
- Accompany client’s health and safety team on weekly audits and action audit reports.
- Compile job specific method statements in conjunction with engineers and develop risk assessments
- Develop site specific safety statements.
- Ensure job safety packs are updated and relevant documentation has been signed off by contractors and company employees.
- Update and review risk assessments on an ongoing basis
- Compile and carry out toolbox talks where necessary
- Welfare and Hygiene facilities are in place managed and maintained
- Manage accident and incident investigations and compile relevant reports
- Job specific PPE is in place and records maintained.
- Attend weekly meetings with clients and action any health and safety issues that may arise.
- Develop emergency plans and procedures, safe systems of work plans, permits to work
- Compile environmental risk assessments and develop environmental management plans
- Carry out daily dust inspection and compile reports.
- Compile and review noise, vibration and dust reports, carry out noise and vibration monitoring if required.
- Carry out weekly environmental audits of sites and action any issues that may arise
- Ensure contractors and company employees comply with the environmental management plans, policies and procedures
- Compile monthly environmental reports.
- Accompany client environmental auditors around site and action environmental issues which may arise.
- Degree qualified
- Good knowledge of HSEQ management systems and a strong technical writing ability.
- The successful candidate is expected to be able to foster a vibrant HSEQ culture in the various sites which will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong background in safety management in the gas industry.
Attractive package on offer for suitable candidate.
To register your interest please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more.