Entered: 16 May 2022
Direct Applicants Only, we do not require assistance from agencies at this time.
Coffey are seeking qualified candidates for the role of HSQE Advisor to support a number of civils contracts in the East of the country. Our Eastern Regional Office is located in Enfield, Co.Meath. The role will be supported by the Site Management Team and also by Coffey HSQE Team.
Job Specification/Role Responsibilities:
The role will require the successful candidate to:
- Work closely with site management teams and HSQE team in continually improving our Business Management Systems.
- Provide professional support and advice to site management teams and staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
- Consulting with the site teams and others to identify significant areas of risk, develop and document measures to control and reduce risks to an acceptable level.
- Assist the site management teams in reviewing relevant documentation (direct and subcontractor) prior to commencement on site and as the works progress.
- Compile, coordinate and partake in toolbox talks, inductions and other consultation sessions.
- Carry out site inspections with site teams, identify initiatives to improve performance and assist in addressing opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate learning reviews, produce relevant reports, advise and implement applicable recommendations.
- Assist and collaborate with the clients’ representatives and relevant external bodies (e.g. enforcing agencies) and attend client and external site inspections and audits.
- Produce periodic project contractual HSQE reports as required.
Person Specification/Qualification & Skills:
- Experience in HSQE in civil construction.
- 3rd level qualification in Health and Safety.
- Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. High standard of written English is essential.
- Computer literate.
- Full driving licence.
- No sponsorship available
- Experience in coordinating the PSCS role.
- Member of IOSH/alternative professional institute.
- Health & Safety training in relevant industry areas.
- Qualification in Environmental Management.
- Instructor in Manual Handling/Abrasive Wheels/Working at Height would be advantageous.