Junior Safety Officer
Entered: 04 Dec 2022
Junior Safety Officer - Dublin
Due to continued growth and turnover, one of Ireland's Tier 1 Main Contractors are seeking an experienced Safety Officer for a residential/commercial project based in Dublin. The role will report to the Project Site Manager, and you will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety in accordance with policies and relevant statutory provisions. The Safety Officer must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety are adopted onsite.
This company have a broad portfolio of successfully completed projects across a range of sectors including Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical. Most of their workload comes from repeat business as they have a strong reputation for their competitive edge and reliable execution of projects undertaken.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System
- Ensuring that a record of statutory inspections is kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority and conducting inspector site visits as required
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new on-site employees and contractors
- Managing and recommending PPE for on-site employees
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc.
- Organising site Safety Meetings
- Reviewing sub-contractors' Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
- Maintaining and communicating site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Manager updated
- Ensuring First Aiders are available and that all necessary supplies and certificates are maintained
- Collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File in preparation for handover to the Client
You will need
- Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential
- 2 to 3 years on site Safety Officer experience, ideally in construction
- Experience in the construction industry
By submitting your CV confidentiality. Contact Ava on 085 848 5186 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.