Lead Health and Safety Advisor
Entered: 19 Jan 2022
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Lead Health and Safety Advisor (Maternity Cover) on behalf of our Client, a leading Engineering company.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-7+ years’ experience working as a Lead Health and Safety Advisor and have a good understanding of the industry. This is a maternity cover position based in Co. Kildare.
Lead Health and Safety Advisor Duties:
- Ensure H&S management systems are implemented and maintained across the site.
- Managing the administration for the Health & Safety induction & training plans for all site personnel.
- Regularly review and assisting the update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Manage training & compliance files for all colleagues & sub-contractors on site
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety and environmental work practices on the site.
- Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and tool box talks
- Investigate/report accidents and incidents on-site ensuring relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
Lead Health and Safety Advisor Requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification in Health & Safety and Environmental
- 5-7 + years’ experience in a Lead Health & Safety role
- Site experience and knowledge of the construction sector
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels with project stakeholders
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.