Regional SHEQ Manager
Entered: 28 Sept 2023
R egional SHEQ Manager - Swords
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health insurance, bonus scheme and professional membership subscriptions.
In this role, you will be a part of the senior management team and take ownership of the Health and Safety department, raising the safety standards and growing an expert team.
Setting new standards in excellence, this company are renowned within the Irish construction sector for their unrivalled track record across a range of high-specification projects.
With a pipeline of projects already secured and contracts continuing to be awarded, they are expanding their team to reflect this growing portfolio of work.
As a part of an organisation that aims to be the workplace of choice for ambitious professionals within the construction industry, you will be able to make your mark as a professional here.
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake an adequate number of site visits to ensure each member of site supervisory staff has received the agreed number of audits.
- Promote, audit and report out on operations SHEQ procedural compliance.
- Engage management and workers in safety matters and advise on the precautions that need to be taken to prevent incidents.
- Promote the Company aims of a healthy and incident and injury free workplace.
- Suggest improvements to ensure the Groups policies and procedures meet the needs of the organisation and statutory safety and environmental obligations.
- Elevate the SHEQ agenda through the instigation and development of appropriate Training Programmes, Alerts, TBT and Lessons Learned.
- Ensure site supervisory staff has received appropriate training to include internal, CBT and external training as required.
- Ensure Office staff receive suitable information, instruction and training appropriate to their position
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place to enable the provision of training to site operatives.
- Liaise with the Group Safety Director on all SHEQ matters.
- Elevate awareness of environmental and sustainability matters throughout the Group.
- Maintain a schedule of staff and complete regular visits to ensure that required audits take place and that SHEQ best practice is being implemented
- Ensure that Pre-commencement Co-ordination meetings take place
- Partake in the daily White Board Meetings and issue guidance where required
- Attend Contact Review Meetings
- Review implementation of SHEQ policy with operational staff and maintaining record of observation/performance
- Develop leadership and ownership among project SHEQ Advisors to take an active involvement in the overall management of the project(s)
Desired Qualifications and experience:
- Third level qualification in Health and Safety
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience working in Health and Safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record managing a team of Health and Safety professionals