Regional SHEQ Manager
Entered: 27 July 2021
- Undertake an adequate number of site visits to ensure each member of site supervisory staff has received the agreed number of audits.
- Promote, audit and report out on operations SHEQ procedural compliance.
- Engage management and workers in safety matters and advise on the precautions that need to be taken to prevent incidents.
- Promote the Company aims of a healthy and incident and injury free workplace.
- Suggest improvements to ensure the Groups policies and procedures meet the needs of the organisation and statutory safety and environmental obligations.
- Elevate the SHEQ agenda through the instigation and development of appropriate Training Programmes, Alerts, TBT and Lessons Learned.
- Ensure site supervisory staff has received appropriate training to include internal, CBT and external training as required.
- Ensure Office staff receive suitable information, instruction and training appropriate to their position
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place to enable the provision of training to site operatives.
- Liaise with the Group Safety Director on all SHEQ matters.
- Elevate awareness of environmental and sustainability matters throughout the Group.
- Maintain a schedule of staff and complete regular visits to ensure that required audits take place and that SHEQ best practice is being implemented
- Ensure that Pre-commencement Co-ordination meetings take place
- Partake in the daily White Board Meetings and issue guidance where required
- Attend Contact Review Meetings
- Review implementation of SHEQ policy with operational staff and maintaining record of observation/performance
- Develop leadership and ownership among project SHEQ Advisors to take an active involvement in the overall management of the project(s)
Desired Qualifications and experience:
- Third level qualification in Health and Safety
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience working in Health and Safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record managing a team of Health and Safety professionals
If you would like to discuss this role in strict confidence then please contact Caroline O'Driscoll through email@example.com or call 085 875 1842