Safety Officer - Dublin (2228)
Entered: 19 Dec 2018
Our client is a leading Irish construction company. Their primary activity is undertaking large, complex projects in commercial, retail, tourism, pharmaceutical, high-tech and institutional buildings, refurbishment and civil engineering works. They are now seeking an experienced Safety Advisor with strong experience on the environmental side. You will be involved in developing, monitoring and implementing the company’s HSEQ policy, ensuring that at all time we are compliant with Health and Safety Regulation.
- Implement the company's health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace
- Hold a relevant Qualification
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Must have previous experience on a project in excess of €30million
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
Please send your cv to Clodagh at firstname.lastname@example.org call 01 456 9899 for a confidential conversation.